Spectrum Healthcare (UK) Ltd are delighted to introduce the prototype of a new and exciting concept in the ergonomic design of limb supports – the ErgoRaiser™.
The ErgoRaiser™ is a modular, innovatively designed limb support with an emphasis on infection prevention, patient comfort, minimum maintenance costs and simplicity of use .
Developed through collaborative work between Spectrum Healthcare (UK) Ltd, inventor of the ErgoKneeler Linda Darwent MCSP, the design Unit of De Montfort University Leicester and Medilink iNet.
The Ergoraiser™ presents the following key features:
• Modular sections can be assembled in a variety of ways to form a range of supportive positions and elevations for a limb.
• Provides options to meet the comfort, care and mobility needs of the individual patient.
• Can be used on the floor, raised surface, plinth or bed in either acute or community settings, including a patient’s home.
• Integral cushioning support pad eliminates the ongoing expense of disposable covers.
• Sturdy construction, stable in use, fully supports the limb thereby freeing the hands of the health/care worker to carry out the appropriate procedure.
• Helps to reduce task induced postural strain thereby promoting staff comfort.
• Portable and self-containing - integral handles for easy moving and handling.
• Moulded with smooth lines in polyethylene and polyurethane. All areas easily accessible for efficient cleaning.
• Lightweight – current estimation 2 - 2.25 kg.
• Designed to work with the ErgoKneeler™ but may be used independently.
The ErgoRaiser™ prototype made its debut at the recent National Back Exchange Conference, where it received a great amount of interest and is set to be shown again at the upcoming College of Podiatry Annual Conference, at Harrogate International Centre, 19-21 November 2015.
We are committed to ensuring that the ErgoRaiser™ truly meets the needs of the people it is designed to assist. To support this, at this early prototype stage in development, we invite you to share your thoughts and observations on this innovative and exciting product.
It is hoped that the ErgoRaiser™ will be finalised and readily available in spring 2016. If you would like to share your thoughts or are intertested in receiving information about the ErgoRaiser™ when it is officailly launched contact us email@example.com
(The ErgoRaiser™ is a European Community Registered Design No. 002775023-0001)